Sunday, March 28, 2010

March = Book Month!

March is Book Month at VCS! Our fabulous librarian, Barbara, organizes a whole slew of fun activities for the students throughtout the month including reading competitions, book charades, and a book character costume party, which is always a highlight. This year, Barbara and the elementary teachers created a theme cake for the book Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. The kids showed their costumes up in the AP Room and then came down to the cafeteria to end the celebration with this special cake.
I actually missed this year's costume party because I was in the Austrian visa office picking up my new residency card. But my students put their costumes on to show me when I got back. We had two Darth Vaders, Mrs. Wilberton, a bee, a butterfly, Lego Man, Julie of Julie and the Wolves, and a bookmark. I dressed up as Annie Sullivan because we just finished reading her biography during our daily read aloud time.

No comments: