Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sheila Comes to Vienna!

My friend, Sheila, came to visit over her school's Ski Week. Sheila teaches 4th grade in Prague. She brought a friend and fellow-teacher named Nicole with her. We had a wonderful time talking and laughing together. Sheila came to school with me one day to see what 5th grade at VCS is all about.

It's hard to take pictures of yourself while you're teaching, so Sheila caught me in action on the day she visited. I'm giving instructions for reading class and getting ready to pass out the books.

Later in the afternoon, we went to the computer lab to work on the non-fiction books that the students are writing. Mrs. Klein, our computer teacher, and I have teamed up to make this a digital (paper free!) project.

At home, we made delicious taco salad one night while Sheila and Nicole were here. In this photo, Nicole helps Sandi and I brown the taco meet and chop salad toppings while Sheila documents the fun of four cooking in our tiny kitchen.

No comments: