Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fall Break in Prague

For Fall Break weekend, I took a bus to Prague to visit a friend I made this summer at my orientation training. Sheila (center) and her roommates took me to a Czech restaurant on my first night there. After dinner, Sheila and I walked across Charles' Bridge and up a hill near the embassies where we enjoyed a great view of Prague lit up at night.
Sheila and I visited the royal palace where the Czech President lives and works. At noon, we observed a very traditional changing of the guards ceremony. Notice the trumpet and drum players in the second-story windows of the palace.
The Astronomical Clock is a famous sight in the center of Prague. On the hour, the clock chimes and the two doors at the top of the clock tower open to reveal a procession of the twelve apostles. The Astronomical Clock dates back to the 15th century!

No comments: